Gooseberry Beach is a serene beach located along the Ocean Drive in Newport, Rhode Island. Visitors can enjoy soaking up the Sun and enjoy splashing in the water. It is a cute little beach that is privately owned, but is open to the pubic. The beach doesn't get high tides and waves for surfing, and families with children can easily play in the water. The beach can be used for swimming, families can enjoy a picnic on the beach. Gooseberry beach is open everyday from 9AM until 5PM.
Things to Do
- The beach is situated in a cove, the beach is a spot for relaxation, children can play at the beach all day.
- The beach club is not open to the public, but snacks and drinks can be enjoyed at the Gooseberry cafe.
- The Gooseberry beach can be used for swimming but the waves are not high enough for surfing. Showers and restrooms are available.
- Kids can enjoy making sand castles and play outdoor sports.
- Families can bring a picnic and enjoy a lunch sitting by the beach.
- If you frequent the beach in the Summer, you can buy a season pass.
- During the Summer, catch live music and free concerts on the beach.
- Pets are not allowed on the beach.
Gooseberry Beach Insider Tips