Grand park is a beautiful urban park located in the civic center, Los Angeles, California. It is a park that is spread across 12 acres of land, and it features activities and events year-round. People from all walks of life visit the park and yet the park has a family-friendly atmosphere. The park features a restored historic Arthur J. Will memorial fountain with a pool, a performance lawn, a community terrace, and a grand event lawn. The park is located between the music center and the city hall, and it regularly hosts many community events and cultural festivals.
Things to Do
- Walking paths and trails are spread through out the park for leisurely strolling or power walking. The Arthur J. Will fountain features a splash pad for water play that is open to visitors of all ages. The fountain also features a light show after dark.
- Families can have a picnic in the park. Food vendors are available in the park. The park has large grassy areas for laying down and sun bathing.
- The park is very well maintained and secured, it's safe to roam around in the park after the sunset. Pets can be taken to the park, but must be on leash.
- The community terrace features many species of plants, especially drought resistant plants. It also has a picnic area.
- Moveable pink furniture in the park is cute to sit in, there are little pink boxes in the park that keep books. Starbucks is located in the park premises.
- An annual Philippine cultural festival features music, food and lots of entertainment for the families.
- The park hosts many cultural events, free yoga classes and other special events, such as New Year Eve celebration was held in the park on December 31, 2013. The event featured food trucks, light shows, visual art new year countdown and much more. Singers like John Mayer an Kanye West have performed in the park.
Grand Park Insider Tips
- Kids love to splash in the water, do bring extra pair of clothes.
- Restrooms are available.
- The park is wheelchair accessible.