Take a thrilling and adventurous Swamp and Bayou tour by the Gray Line New Orleans, Gray Line Swamp tour is among the favorite activities for the families in New Orleans, LA. On your tour you will observe local wildlife and their nesting areas. The memorable boat trip into the swamps and bayous of South Louisiana includes sight seeing and wildlife viewing, see snakes, alligators, raccoons and more. The swamp and bayou tours are offered daily March through December.
Things to Do
- Take around 2 hours of boat trip to the South Louisiana's bayous and swamps, the tours depart from Gray line lighthouse ticket office.
- The custom built boat will take you up close to the wildlife including, nesting grounds of alligators, snakes, raccoons, nutria, turtles, birds and more.
- Children will get to learn about the importance of the ecology of the wetlands, and why we must preserve them.
- Enjoy sightseeing, explore nature and see Spanish moss, Cypress trees and other swamp plants.
- The local tour guide will share interesting facts about the swamps, kids can spot wildlife and even hold a baby alligator.
- Snacks and refreshments are available.
- You can book tours online, tours must be reserved.
Gray Line Swamp Tour Insider Tips
- Don't forget to bring cameras.
- You can observe more wildlife activity during the Summer season.
- There are no restrooms on board.