Whether you are looking for the perfect place to meet with friends or to engage in various activities such as biking or simply walking, Gray's Lake in Des Moines will fit the bill. Home to a 1.9-mile trail that encircles the lake, the park is located in the very heart of the City of Des Moines.
The park is easily reachable by car or public transportation. It is open to the public every day and Opening hours vary according to the season. Check out the Gray's Lake website for opening hours when planning your trip.
Things to Do
- Fishing is a popular activity for the entire family at Gray's Lake. This is one of the best fishing spots in this area of Iowa and fishing is permitted in all areas except for the boat rental dock and the pedestrian bridge.
- Bring your own boat for a day-long or an early evening outing on Gray's Lake.
- A designated beach area is available at Gray's Lake, where the entire family can have lots of fun swimming.
Gray's Lake Insider Tips
- Life jackets are available free of charge at Gray's Lake if you decide to swim
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited, making Gray's Lake a family-friendly park
- You can rent sailboats, canoes, hydro bikes, and kayaks at Gray's Lake.