Great Salt Lake State Marina is a state park on the southern shore of the Great Salt Lake near Salt Lake City, Utah. This beautiful park is frequented by locals due to its large marina which provides access for those who wish to go sailing, kayaking, or boating on the Great Salt Lake. It also offers a scenic beach area where visitor can swim in the famously salty lake, as well as plenty of space to enjoy a family picnic or look to the skies for some of the over 250 bird species that can be found in the park throughout the year.
Things to Do
- In the summertime, head to the beach next to the marina in order to relax in the sunshine or go for a swim in the refreshingly cool waters of the Great Salt Lake.
- Go boating! The park's most popular water-based activities including kayaking, sailing, and other forms of boating.
- Stop by the new visitor center, which features informative exhibits related to the history of the park and its wildlife, as well as a shop where you can pick up souvenirs.
Great Salt Lake State Marina Insider Tips
- If you don't own a boat, you can always rent one from Gonzo Fun Boat Rentals and Tours.
- Bring along a bird guide and a pair of binoculars and go bird watching! The park is home to dozens of beautiful birds, as well as numerous species that stop by each year as they migrate.
- Consider spending the entire weekend enjoying the gorgeous views of the Great Salt Lake by camping at the state park.