Green River Lake State Park is a popular recreation area located approximately 90 miles outside of Lexington near Campbellsville, Kentucky. If you're wanting to spend a weekend enjoying the great outdoors, this is the place to go - it provides facilities for nearly every recreational activity or sport you can think of, including hiking, cycling, boating, camping, swimming, horseback riding, and water skiing.
Things to Do
- Explore the trails - there are over 28 miles of multipurpose trails throughout the park that can be used for hiking, horseback riding, and mountain biking. Detailed information on each of the trails can be found on its Kentucky State Parks page.
- Go fishing for species like bass, muskie, bluegill, and crappie. You can find the current fishing forecast here.
- Cool off in the summertime by swimming along the shore of Green River Lake.
- Play a round or two of miniature golf on the park's 18-hole course, which costs just $3 per game.
- Take a boat out onto Green River Lake and relax in the water or enjoy thrilling activities like water skiing.
Green River Lake State Park Insider Tips
- Spend the entire weekend in the park by camping at one of its many tent or RV campsites.
- If you just can't live without internet access, the park now offers WIFI for a small daily fee. The access code can be purchased at the park's Campground Booth.
- Bring along a pair of binoculars so that you can view all of the beautiful resident and migrating songbirds that can be found in the park throughout the year.