Griffith Park Carousel is a historic carousel that was built in 1926, it's the only Spillman Engineering carousel that is still running. The carousel is composed of 68 hand-carved horses, two chariots, the carousel is open on weekdays in the Summer and on weekends all year long. Immense history is connected with the ride, Walt Disney used to bring his children to this carousel back in the days. Griffith park carousel is located near the Los Feliz entrance to Griffith park, the popular carousel has been a family attraction for the last five generations.
Things to Do
- The Griffith Park merry-go-round is a popular attraction in Griffith park, the carousel has an old, rustic charm to it with a Stinson 165 Military Band Organ playing over 1500 selections of marches and waltz music.
- Children will enjoy riding the historic carousel that costs just $2 per ride, and the horses jump up and down.
- Food concessions are available that sell hot dogs, cotton candy, ice creams and soda.
- Plenty of grassy and shady areas in the Griffith park that offer spots for a picnic. One of the picnic area is located near the merry-go-round at Crystal Springs Drive. It also features a play area for the kids.
- In the vicinity of the carousel is a Tennis court that is free to the public, must be used on a first-come and first-serve basis.
Griffith Park Carousel Insider Tips
- The carousel moves fast, not appropriate for toddlers.
- Accept cash only.