Grisham Farms is a wonderful petting zoo and animal education space located in McKinney, Texas, just under an hour's drive north of Dallas. Families and groups can visit this farm to learn all about the many farm animals that live there, as well as interact with them and feed them. They also provide animal education services to people of all ages throughout the Dallas area, including preschools and assisted living centers.
If you're looking for a way to make your animal-loving child's birthday special, Grisham Farms also offers birthday party packages, where they can either come to the farm with their friends or have the Zoo Crew bring ten small animals along to their party for short, fun-filled presentations.
Things to Do
- A typical 2-hour visit to the farm on a school trip or with your family gives you time to feed the farm animals, learn about some of the zoo's small exotic animals, and spend some time playing in the park and playground areas.
- Young children especially love having the chance to feed and pet the farm animals, including sheep, pot belly pigs, donkeys, goats, and horses. The farm's staff will also teach you all about the animals.
- Visit the zoo's fascinating exotic animals, including hedgehogs, conures, chinchillas, emus, Madagascar hissing cockroaches, bearded dragons, ball pythons, Russian tortoises, and alpacas. You can also meet the family dog!
Grisham Farms Petting Zoo Insider Tips
- While Grisham Farms is generally open by appointment only, they do occasionally host Open Barn days when the site is open to the public. Be sure to check their website to find out when the next Open Barn day event is scheduled.
- The owner and director of Grisham Farms is a certified special education teacher, and is well-equipped to work with special needs children and adults who are eager to visit or learn about job opportunities at the farm. Discounted programs are also available for special needs groups.
- The Zoo Crew can create the perfect animal presentation for your group based on the ages and interests of those involved, just call them and start planning your event!