Create a Grover Tissue Paper Pom Pom for the Sesame Street lover in your home. These crafts are a fun twist on a traditional tissue paper flower or pom pom. They make fantastic decorations for a party or simply as a fun decorative companion for your little one.
- Several sheets of blue tissue paper
- Craft wire or pipecleaner
- Card stock in the colors Pink, black, white and red
- Black Marker
- Glue Gun
How to Make Them
- Lay 8-10 sheets of large blue tissue paper on top of each other.
- Fold them together in 1 inch segments back and forth, back and forth accordion style until the entire tissue paper surface is folded like a fan.
- Secure the paper in the center with some craft wire or a pipe cleaner.
- Tie a long piece of twine to the craft wire or pipe cleaner.
- Use sharp scissors to round off the two ends of the folded tissue paper.
- Gently fan the sides out and carefully pull back each layer of tissue and pull toward the center.
- When you are half way through the stack of tissue, flip it over and pull the layers that have not been spread yet, in the opposite direction.
- Fluff when finished.
- Cut two large ovals out of white card stock about 3 inches long for the large pom pom character.
- Color in a round black dot centered and about 2/3 of the way up the oval for the pupil on each of the white ovals.
- Use a glue gun to adhere the ovals on angles slanted inward and upward.
- Now, cut out a more rounded larger oval out of pink card stock for Grover's nose.
- Use a glue gun to adhere the nose right up close to the eyes.
- Next, for Grover's mouth, measure out a large half circle on your red card stock. Judge the half circle to be almost as wide as the distance from the outer edge of one eye to the outer edge of the opposite eye.
- Take your black card stock and create a half circle that is slightly smaller than the red one, so that when you layer it on top of t he red one, only about 1/4 inch of the red shows.
- Glue the black half circle on top of the red half circle and glue the layered piece onto the face of your Grover pom pom.