Guenther House is an American bakery and cafe operating since 1988, the restaurant is owned by C.H. Guenther & Son Inc. It is a popular restaurant that serves a special and very delicious breakfast and lunch menu. The restaurant is surrounded by beautiful grounds, it also has a museum and a store on-site. The restaurant features an indoor brightly colored garden-room setting and an outdoor arbor that is near the San Antonio River. The Guenther house was built in 1860, the home is fully restored and open to tours. The museum features antique bakery accessories and other items, and the store features food, baking tools and other stuff. The restaurant and the museum are open all through the week.
Things To Do
- The restaurant serves some of the scrumptious options in breakfast and lunch, breakfast tacos, cream waffles with strawberries, buttermilk biscuits, pancakes, pumpkin loaf are among the savory breakfast items.
- Some of the Lunch favorites include, broccoli cheese soup, the chicken salad, green salad, grilled vegetable strudel, spinach salad, taco salad, and drinks including, coffee, iced tea, and hot chocolate.
- The indoor restaurant reflects the Art Nouveau style of the 1920's, featuring stained glass, and extensive plant motifs.
- Visit the store and make some delicious recipes at home using these, shop for food including sauces, syrups, butter, honey, tea, coffee, jam & jellies and biscuits, baking goods, kitchen gadgets, books, and gift cards.
- Tour the beautiful 1860 home of the Guenther family, the house's furniture and interior dates back to the Victorian era, see the gas chandeliers, sofas, piano, and Rosini lace window coverings.
Guenther House Insider Tips
- The restaurant does not take reservations.
- The outdoor arbor is handicapped accessible.
- Parking is free.
Sign Up - Family Fun Newsletter
Have fun with great ideas on things to do for travel, daytrips, nearby, or at home...
Fun Things to Do at Home
Fun games for the whole family
Making science into family fun
Giving the little ones a laugh
Fun, creative activities
Exercise for the mind
Entertainment for the whole family
Great fun when you're stuck at home