Gull Wings Children's Museum features educational exhibits and programs for children up to 12 years of age. It is located in downtown Oxnard, which is approximately 35 miles from Santa Barbara, California. Its exhibits allow children to do things like touch marine animals, play with model trains, and pretend to be a doctor, firefighter, or astronaut. The museum also offers weekly music, art, and science programs that are both fun and educational for young children.
Things to Do
- Visit the Space Station exhibit, where children can dress up like an astronaut, do science experiments, and sit inside a space capsule!
- Watch your child learn what it takes to be a firefighter - they can wear the uniform, put out a fire with a real fire hose, and even try being an EMT in an ambulance.
- Don't miss the Creature Feature exhibit, where you child can do hands-on activities and learn about fascinating reptiles.
- Attend a daily program - they include fun arts and crafts and interactive music activities.
Gull Wings Children's Museum Insider Tips
- While the museum does not have its own parking lot, visitors are welcome to park at the Carnegie Museum across the street. Parking is often limited on Thursdays due to the Farmers Market.
- Check out their special events page to learn about upcoming free days, musical performances, firefighter visits, and other family-friendly programs.
- If your child loves to build things and is fascinated by robots, sign them up for robotics classes at the museum, which teach children how to build, program, and test robots!