Over 151 acres of land the Haikey Creek Park makes a number of activities and facilities available to the public. It is a beautiful park that makes an excellent choice for a family day out, especially if yours is an active family. You can let your younger kids loose on the playgrounds, indulge in some sports or take a leisurely walk along the Park's pleasant trail.
Things to Do
- Haikey Creek Park is a great place to go for sporty people. There are a great many sporting activities you can take part in with the facilities that are provided.
- Bring a frisbee to take on the challenge of their Disc Golf course which is of a championship caliber.
- 4 soccer fields along with 3 lighted softball fields are setup and can be reserved for training and matches. 4 well lit tennis courts are also provided and require no fee to play.
- Finally you have the Haikey Creek Trail which is one of the main reasons why people come to the Park. The trail works its way peacefully through the shade of pecan trees and is perfect for walkers and joggers.
- Two large playgrounds make the Park an ideal place for families with small kids. Each playground is located near to a shaded picnic area where you can bring lunch to make a full afternoon out of it. Ample restrooms are also on hand.
Haikey Creek Park Insider Tips
- If you want to organize a somewhat larger event at the park you should consider renting a shelter. They have five possible shelters for you to choose from many of which have double grills, electrical outlets and parking spaces.