Hammonasset Beach State Park is popular recreation area in Madison, Connecticut which has the longest shoreline of any other park in the state. Visitors can enjoy over two miles of sandy beaches on Long Island Sound that are perfect for swimming, fishing, boating, and sunbathing as well as walking and cycling trails, picnic areas, and a nature center that contains live animal exhibits that are sure to fascinate you and your child.
Things to Do
- Escape the summer heat by going for a refreshing swim at the beach!
- Go for a relaxing family walk or bike ride along one of Connecticut's most popular shorelines.
- Visit the Meigs Point Nature Center, which regularly offers educational nature programs for families and contains a number of animals exhibits, including a touch tank that young visitors love.
- Enjoy beautiful Long Island Sound while boating or fishing with your family.
Hammonasset Beach State Park Insider Tips
- Spend the entire weekend enjoying the great outdoors by camping at the Hammonasset Beach Campground, which is open from May through October.
- You can save money bringing along your own food and having a picnic, or you can purchase food from the concessions stand.
- While you will have to pay parking fees between Memorial Day and Labor Day, entrance to the park is often free throughout the rest of the year.