Make a Hand print Crab art project that everyone will love and treasure. There is nothing like a hand print or a foot print to freeze a moment of time in your child's life. We don't use them as often as we should to capture those ever growing extremities. Why not turn those into art projects that are fun to make and that you can save forever. Art projects like this one make great gifts for relatives as well. Try gathering all of your little ones to create a crab family all on one page.
- red paint
- 2 hands
- paper plate
- googly eyes
- other paints and paintbrush if desired
How to Make It
- Squirt some red paint into a paper plate and use as your painting pallet Spread the paint around so that it is large enough area for your to place your hand to dip.
- Dip the palm and fingers of your left hand into the red paint.
- Turn your left hand so that you thumb faces upward and your fingers spread and facing out to the left.
- With your left hand in this position, press your hand onto the paper.
- Repeat this process with your right hand and press it down on the paper so that both palm prints meet in the center.
- Allow your paint to dry.
- Use a dab of glue and place a googly eye on the tip of each upright thumb print.
- Once you have created your handprint crab, use your other colored paints and brush to create an ocean scene for your crab.