The Hands On Children's Museum is a popular museum in Olympia, Washington geared towards children under the age of 10. It consists of a wide range of interactive exhibits related to science, art, the environment, healthy living, and design, and also offers numerous educational programs for children of all ages. Your child is sure to have a blast as you explore its over 150 exhibits, which include a forest tree house and a farmers' market.
Things to Do
- Explore the Outdoor Discovery Center, which features a campfire pit, a children's garden, a hiking trail, and a replica of Puget Sound Beach.
- Climb into the tree house in the Fabulous Forest exhibit, where you can also visit rescued animals and tell stories around a campfire.
- Use your creativity and inspiration to make things out of builder boards in the Build It! exhibit.
- Reveal your inner artist while creating beautiful works of art in the Arts & Parts Studio.
Hands On Children's Museum Insider Tips
- View their calendar to learn about upcoming children's programs that involve storytime, nature play, and art projects.
- Visit the museum between 5:00 and 9:00 p.m. on the first Friday of each month for free admission!
- Feel free to bring along a picnic lunch to eat in their East Bay Public Plaza or at one of the reserved tables in the Play Day Cafe.