Hands-on House is a children's museum in Lancaster, Pennsylvania designed for children between the ages of 2 and 10. Its educational exhibits, classes, and programs encourage children to learn all about the world around them by participating in fun activities. As you explore the museum with your child, they'll learn all about how factories work, how the mail gets delivered, how food is grown on farms, and get to dress up in all kinds of fun costumes.
Things to Do
- Learn about healthy eating habits while shopping for food in the Corner Grocery!
- Get some exercise while exploring all of the fun activities in the outdoor Play Garden.
- Check out E-I-E-I-Know exhibit, which teaches visitors how local farmers produce the food we eat.
- Watch your little one learn about how factories work in the machine shop or sort the mail in the post office.
Hands-on House Insider Tips
- If you have a child between the ages of 3 and 6, take them to Just for Kids, hands-on classes that teach children about cooking, dinosaurs, rainbows, and tons of other topics with fun activities.
- On a sunny day, attend one of their fun-filled outdoor activities, which focus on nature, bubble-making, and more.
- View their calendar in order to learn about all of the exciting family activities and events you can attend at the museum.