Make these fun masquerade masks to add a little fun and mystery to any occasion. Children will love making these fantastic masks for dress up, parties, and playtime. The masks end up being the perfect size for each crafter because they are made by tracing their very own hands. The finger-like projections are aimed at the sides of the mask which create great visual interest.
- 2 sheets of craft foam
- Tacky Glue
- Craft Jewels, sequins, feathers etc.
- Craft Stick
How to Make It
- Trace your hands on a piece of craft foam. One hand should be turned to the left and one to the eight and they should meet in the middle at the wrists.
- Sketch a continuous line where the wrists meet so that the two traced hands look like one continuous mask.
- Layer the other sheet of craft foam underneath and cut out the two handed mask with a pair of sharp scissors.
- For this project we used sticky backed craft foam.You can either peel off the backing so attach them back to back or glue the two layers together with tacky glue. While doing this step, insert the rip of the craft stick vertically toward one side of the mask to form a handle.
- Cut out eyes in your mask.
- Use the decorative craft supplies that you selected to adorn and personalize your masquerade mask.
- Cut our eye holes in your mask