The Hands On! Regional Museum is an interactive museum in Johnson City, Tennessee that is designed to teach visitors of all ages about science and the arts. It features a wide variety of hands-on exhibits that are sure to delight your child, including a waterplay dam, a physics lab, an art studio, a child-sized bank, and a fun-filled bubble area. The museum also frequently provides family programs, workshops, summer camps, and scouting programs, in addition to hosting spectacular birthday parties.
Things to Do
- Explore Fort Adventure, an exciting play area that includes tunnels, stepping stones, climbing towers, and a slide.
- Take your little one to Totally Tots, a special soft play area for children under 3.
- Climb into a 1996 Saturn in the Get Moving! exhibit, which looks at the inner workings of automobiles.
- Check out Dig!, a paleontology exhibit where children can unearth fossils.
Hands On! Regional Museum Insider Tips
- Attend one of their fascinating family workshops, which focus on a wide range of topics that include electricity and owls.
- Have your child's next birthday party at the museum - party packages include food, drinks, souvenirs, and a special program in the museum.
- If you have a scout in the family, they can also enjoy overnight adventures at the museum, which focus on anything from animals to volcanoes.