Turn old sweaters into fun and decorative wreaths. Create different holiday themed wreaths or gorgeous color coordinated home accents depending on the fabrics and colors that you choose to use. Create one for a child's room and hang with pretty ribbon or create one for your front door or living room. These wreaths add lovely texture and flair to any room and area welcoming and warm addition to any entryway or front door.
- 3-4 old sweaters
- A sturdy wire coat hanger
- Sharp Fabric Shears
How to Make It
- Gather some old sweaters or pick some up at a second hand shop.
- Cut the sweaters up into three inch squares.
- Use your pliers to untwist the neck of the coat hanger.
- Reshape the coat hangar into a rounded shape.
- Fold each square in half so they form a triangular shape.
- Push the sweater triangles straight through the wire coat hanger alternating sweater material.
- When the coat hanger is full of fabric, use your pliers to twist the neck together again, leaving the hook portion for hanging.
- Adjust the wreath into a nice rounded shape and fluff the fabric.