Havenwoods State Forest is a popular 237-acre forest in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It provides visitors with beautiful hiking and cycling trails through woodland, wetland, and grassland habitats, as well as picnic areas and a nature center with fascinating exhibits. It's a great place to visit with your family on a nice day in order to enjoy some fresh air and learn about nature.
Things to Do
- Visit the Environmental Awareness Center, a nature center that features seasonal exhibits and live animal displays.
- In the wintertime, you can go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing at the forest! Best of all, you can borrow snowshoes from the nature center.
- Explore the forest, wetlands, and grasslands using one of the many hiking and cycling trails.
Havenwoods State Forest Insider Tips
- You can borrow useful items like binoculars, GPS units, and field guides from the nature center.
- Pick up a free Wisconsin Explorer booklet for your child, which includes nature activities, hikes, crafts, games, and scavenger hunts to complete while visiting the forest.
- Bring along some food and drinks and have a picnic in the forest! If you'd prefer to sit at a picnic table, there are several available in the Urban Arboretum.
- Learn more about upcoming events and activities you can do in the forest by visiting the Friends of Havenwoods website.