Hawaiian Falls is a water park chain dotted throughout Texas. There are seven Hawaiian Falls:
- White Settlement - the closest Hawaiian Falls to Fort Worth, around 17 minutes east using I-30 and I-820. This is the newest of all the parks, having opened in 2014.
- Mansfield - almost in between Dallas and Fort Worth, taking 40 minutes from Dallas, and a 30 minute drive from Fort Worth.
- Garland - closer to Dallas, around 30 minutes north of the city through US 75.
- The Colony - another option that's close to Dallas, through Dallas North Tollway North.
- Roanoke - around 30 minutes from both Dallas or Fort Worth
- Waco - around 1 1/2 hours from Fort Worth
- Pflugerville - actually closer to Austin, than Dallas/Fort Worth but can still be driven to (nearly a 3 hour drive)
Things to Do
- Go on the water slides - every park has their own special ride, so if you go to a different park you'll find something entirely different from the others that you may have been to. Each ride also has a (shaka) meter from 1-5 (with 5 being the most thrilling). Some of these rides have height restrictions, so best read up if your kids can go on the ride or not.
- Chill out at the pool, the "beach" or the lazy river (depending which location you go to)
- Rent a cabana for a day with your family - you can get your own lounge chairs and lockers. This is ideal if you are worried about your stuff, but check which park offers this facility.
- Eat at the various restaurants available in the park or shop for souvenirs to remind you of your trip!
Hawaiian Falls Insider Tips
- If you live in Texas or want to go to all the Hawaiian Falls parks, best to invest on the season pass. It allows access to all the parks, early entry, and several discounts, helping you save money!