Tourists perceive of Los Angeles as a totally urban community with Hollywood glitz and glamor and the Beverly Hills having the biggest mansions, and malls, but right in the middle of it all there is a place one can find some bewilderment. One such place is the Heavenly Duck pond located in Franklin Canyon Park. The pond is a silent and quaint little place, the pond is adjacent to a 3-acre beautiful lake (reservoir) of the Franklin Canyon Park. The park and the lake are open and free to public access all year long.
Things to Do
- Families can track on the trails that lead to the Franklin Canyon Lake and reach the Heavenly Duck Pond, see a variety of ducks, orange Koi fish, and turtles in this serene little pond.
- Three picnic benches can be found near the heavenly duck pond.
- Other picnic benches are located to the east of the Franklin Canyon lake, a hiking trail leads to this picnic area. The pond is ADA-accessible.
- Over 5 miles of hiking trails are scattered through the Franklin Canyon Park, hikers can take a hike and enjoy a picnic near the lake.
- The park and the lake side has a dog-friendly environment.
- The Franklin Canyon lake was featured in a Nickelodeon show "Salute your shorts".
Heavenly Duck Pond Insider Tips
- Restrooms are available.
- The parking is free.
- Wear good walking shoes.