HemisFair Park is a large park near downtown San Antonio, Texas. It was originally created as the site of HemisFair '68, a world's fair which celebrated the many civilizations that live in the Americas. Since the fair, much of the park has been redeveloped for use as a public park, with the addition of beautiful waterfalls and fountains, playgrounds, and landscaping. Visitors can explore the park as well as several structures that remain from the fair, including the Convention Center, the State of Texas Pavilion, and the Tower of the Americas.
Things to Do
- Enjoy the beautiful San Antonio weather by taking a walk through the park and enjoying the sight of its many fountains.
- Visit the Tower of the Americas, which was the tallest observation tower in the United States until 1996. It contains a revolving restaurant and an observation deck that provide spectacular panoramic views of the city.
- Take your little one to the playground and watch them slide, swing, and climb to their hearts' content.
HemisFair Park Insider Tips
- Don't miss the chance to see Skies Over Texas, the thrilling 4D theater ride at the Tower of the Americas which is included in the admission price.
- Check out the Institute of Texan Cultures, a museum in the former State of Texas Pavilion, which features fascinating exhibits related to the history and culture of Texas.
- Make sure to bring along a camera - you'll want to take photos of the Tower of the Americas and all of the wonderful fountains and statues in the park.