Henderson Park is a public park located in Tucker, Georgia, which is about 20 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. This beautiful 114-acre city park is the perfect place to spend a sunny day with your family due to the many attractions it offers, including a playground, tennis courts, soccer fields, picnic areas, hiking trails, and a gorgeous lake. It is also home to a community garden and natural attractions like a waterfall and a duck pond.
Things to Do
- Enjoy nature while exploring the popular Native Plant and Wildlife Walk or viewing the park's beautiful lake.
- If your child loves sports like soccer or tennis, take advantage of the 4 tennis courts and 6 soccer fields located within the park.
- Take your little one to the playground, where they can swing, slide, and climb to their hearts' content.
Henderson Park Insider Tips
- Make sure to bring along a camera so that you can take photos of the beautiful waterfall and duck pond!
- Feel free to bring along food and drinks in order to have a relaxing family picnic in the park.
- Attend one of the Henderson Park Walks events organized the the Friends of Henderson Park, which consist of a 1.75-mile walk around Lake Erin.
- Dogs are welcome in the park, so feel free to bring your family pet along for the day too!