Thinking of stepping back in time this weekend? Visit the Heritage Museum Orange County and be surrounded with buildings built from the 1890s set in a gorgeous floral garden. You will find the Kellogg House, built with a Victorian style, and the Maag Farmhouse, a sample of a Colonial Revival architecture. The setting here is so picturesque that the place has seen numerous weddings ceremonies and reception held in the garden.
Things to Do
- Bring the family and visit HMOC any day from Fridays-Sundays. Check the page for the visiting hours. Don't forget to take your camera with you. You'll find plenty of areas perfect for photos. You have the option of getting a guided tour of the Kellogg House or go around on your own.
- After the house tour, head to the Blacksmith Shop and watch demonstrations from the Orange County Blacksmith Guild. Kids will definitely enjoy learning the basics of blacksmithing. The guild also holds Beginning Blacksmithing classes on Saturdays.
- Take the time to go around the gardens. Walk along the rose garden, the flower beds, and the magnolia trees that lead to a gazebo.
- Visit the Exhibit Room. The museum offers a changing exhibit featuring their in-house collection.
Heritage Museum Orange County Insider Tips
- Call them first for the schedule. Weddings and other private functions are usually held in HMOC so the place could be closed for an event.