Hermann Park is a public park located in the Museum District of Houston, Texas. This 445-acre park is known for its beautiful green spaces as well as the many attractions it is home to, including the Houston Zoo, the Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Houston Garden Center, and the Hermann Park Golf Course.
Hermann Park is one of the most popular attractions in Houston due to the wide variety of activities it provides for visitors of all ages - visit with your family and spend the day walking, exploring gardens, seeing new animals, listening to music, or viewing fascinating public art!
Things to Do
- Visit the Buddy Carruth Playground for All Children, a wheelchair-accessible play area that has equipment for children of all abilities. Don't miss the water play area in the summer - it's a great way to keep cool!
- Go for a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad! For just $3.25 per person, families can take a scenic tour of the park and disembark at one of its four stations.
- Hike the trails through the Bayou Parkland urban forest - it's a great place to escape the sun's rays beneath the trees and spot local wildlife.
- Check out the free Japanese Garden, which features winding stone paths that will lead you over bridges and past waterfalls through lush greenery that will make you forget you're in the middle of a big city.
Hermann Park Insider Tips
- Bring along some food and have a picnic in the beautiful Lake Picnic area near Lake Plaza. It has picnic tables, grills, and a swing set where your child can play while you get lunch ready.
- Take your kids to the Houston Zoo! It is home to over 3,000 fascinating animals, including giraffes, elephants, sea lions, and monkeys.
- There are several free parking areas at Hermann Park. You can park at the Sam Houston Monument, in front of the Houston Zoo, or near Miller Outdoor Theatre. Learn more about parking on the Hermann Park Conservancy website.