If you can't make it to Hershey Park, Hershey's Chocolate World in Las Vegas is a great second-best choice. Situated inside the New York New York Hotel & Casino - that's the one with the roller coaster! - the two-story chocolate shop carries some of the largest candy décor in the country. Unfortunately, the 18ft high Reese's Cup isn't edible. But the rest of the confections are! There are over 600 Hershey's candies and flavors to choose from, even ones you make yourself, and don't forget to pick up a piece of cake from their bakery before you leave.
Things to Do
- Referred to as "Sweet Experiences", Hershey's Chocolate World offers a ton of tasty adventures that will turn any family member into a veritable Willy Wonka. Start off by designing your own Hershey's candy wrapper, then start playing with flavors:
- Flavor Walls: Both Hershey's Kisses and Jolly Rancher have their own walls; Choose your favorite flavors, taste brand new ones, and then take home as many as you want.
- Reese's Perfect Combination: If you like to mix flavors, try perfecting a quirky combination of Reese's flavors in one chocolate-y cup; Take the treat home with you and enjoy!
- Reese's Play the Perfect Part: Once you've found the perfect candy, act out and star in your own ad for it and other Reese's candies
Hershey's Chocolate World Insider Tips
- Unlike Hershey World, Hershey's Chocolate World does not offer a taste tour or historical tour. It is a one-stop shop for all things chocolate.
- The store just opened in Summer 2014, so be prepared for crowds during peak hours (around dinner and lunch times).