The Hidden River Cave & American Cave Museum is a popular natural attraction in Horse Cave, Kentucky. Visitors can take various tours of Hidden River Cave, which was once used for drinking water and hydroelectricity and has since been restored and is now used as an educational site, as well as enjoy activities such as ziplining and rappeling. It is also the home of the American Cave Museum, which features fascinating exhibits related to the history and science of caves.
Things to Do
- Explore the American Cave Museum, which contains exhibits that focus on topics such as geology, groundwater quality, archaeology, cave formation, the history of caving, and the diverse wildlife that can be found inside of caves.
- Go on the public guided cave tour, an hour-long tour that introduces visitors to the history of Hidden River Cave.
- Enjoy thrilling activities such as ziplining 70 feet above the ground and rappeling by descending 75 feet into the mouth of Hidden River Cave.
- If you're feeling adventurous, consider going on the 3-hour or 5-hour cave adventure tours, which introduce visitors to wild caving, allowing you to explore the cave while crawling through the mud on your hands and knees.
Hidden River Cave & American Cave Museum Insider Tips
- Make sure to dress appropriately if you plan to do a wild cave tour - you'll want to wear warm clothing that you don't mind getting dirty.
- Don't forget to stop by the gift shop, which has all kinds of beautiful minerals and gemstones for sale, as well as jewelry, clothing, and other souvenir items.