Hollywood Bowl is an amphitheater in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles, California. This amphitheater is dedicated to music performances, the Hollywood bowl is also known for its significant architecture. Hollywood Bowl is owned by the county of Los Angeles, many musical events are hosted in the bowl every year. The outdoor amphitheater was constructed in the 1920's, the Hollywood bowl museum features exhibits related to various legendary singers. The museum also houses the Hollywood bowl hall of fame. It is the largest outdoor amphitheater in the US, and a perfect place for families to enjoy outdoor concerts and great food.
Things to Do
- Through out the summer, the LA Philharmonic presents jazz, Broadway and world music at the Hollywood bowl. Many special concerts and events are organized in the bowl, such as the 4th July fireworks, special concert with Chinese musicians, weekend concerts, and classical music concerts.
- A music and art festival is held for kids in the age group of 3-11, this summer festival is designed especially for kids.
- The Hollywood bowl museum is open everyday in the concert season and is free to enter, the second floor of the museum is featuring the Beatles exhibit. The exhibit commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Beatles, it displays model of the Beatles, vintage photos, and many more surprising stuff. Kids will enjoy the museum as it features music making instruments, earphones to listen to, and watch many movies and TV shows.
- Many dining options are available for the families, Patina restaurant group offers many restaurants including the box service, picnics to share food service, The rooftop grill, Staccato and many more. Market cafe is a gourmet marketplace, where you can buy a variety of gourmet products.
- There are many picnic areas scattered through out the ground, picnic tables are also available, so you can bring your food. The neighboring Hollywood hills have many charming spots for a picnic, people coming in large groups may need to reserve an area.
Hollywood Bowl Insider Tips
- The bowl shuttle service can take you up to your seats from the shuttle lots.
- Parking is limited.
- Outdoor concert venue can get really cold in the evening.