Holmberg Orchards is a family run business that spans four generations. The panoramic hills of Gales Ferry, CT where this orchard sits is simply breathtaking. The orchard experience has grown over the years, expanding by adding a quaint winery and tasting room.
The Farmer's Market extends its commitment to selling it's own produce and pies as well as other locally produced items. You are sure to feel at home at Holmberg Orchards.
Things to Do
- Pick Your Own Apples of many varieties, pears, peaches, raspberries and blueberries
- Purchase already harvested pumpkins on display
- Buy mums, Indian corn, farm fresh veggies, PYO fruit, and cider
- Take a tractor ride through the fields when picking your own fruits
- Take gorgeous photos with the backdrop of this picturesque setting
- Visit the farmer's Market for fresh fruits and vegetables, pies, cider, mums and other locally produced items
- Visit the winery and enjoy a wine tasting
Holmberg Orchards Insider Tips
- Visit early on weekends. This destination really draws a crowd and it is no wonder why. It's practically perfect in every way.
- If you have a large family like I do, limit them to a certain number of apples to pick of each kind because the volume really adds up quickly! You can always go back to visit again.
- There is ample parking and when it is super busy, there are workers directing traffic and helping drivers secure parking
- I've tried all of the apple varieties, but the Winesap apples were amazing to bake with. I've never seen that variety at other orchards. I highly recommend them if you can catch them in season.