Kids can practice your sewing skills while creating this fantastic useful item. These homemade hand warmers will keep hands warm at the chilly athletic fields or on cold winter nights or soothe the arthritic hands of loved ones. The crafts make great gifts for friends and relatives and are easy to make from items that you likely have on hand. So craft your way to a warm and toasty winter.
- Sturdy Fabric ( old jeans or corduroy work great)
- Embroidery needle
- Uncooked rice
How to Make It
- Cut two 8X4 inch rectangles of fabric.
- Fold the fabric over in half, making sure that the nicer side is on the outside.
- Sew two sides closed using an easy blanket stitch.
- Fill the pouch with uncooked rice and then sew the last side shut.
- Repeat the same process with the second rectangle
- To warm, have an adult heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Your warmers will stay warm for quite a while.