We adore this meatball recipe we found in FamilyFun Magazine. Such a clever way to get spinach into foods kids love.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 (10-ounce package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fine or panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat 2 large, rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well combined. Don't overmix.
- Pinch off about a teaspoon of the meat mixture and gently roll into a 1-inch ball. Repeat.
- Arrange the balls 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake the meatballs until lightly browned and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.