Hoover Dam is located just 10 miles Northeast of downtown Columbus in Ohio, the dam was constructed in 1955 and it supplies water to the city of Columbus. Hoover Dam is a perfect spot for fishing, Hoover Dam Recreation Park offers many fun, outdoor activities for the families. The park has 4,700 acres of serene and beautiful landscape where families can enjoy picnicking, hiking, boating, fishing, bird watching, wildlife watching and much more. The park is open to visitors all year round.
Things to Do
- Hoover Dam is a perfect spot for fishing and boating, fish of interest are bass, crappie, catfish, carp, bluegill, buffalo sucker and more.
- Enjoy hiking and bird watching on the hiking trails. Trails for mountain biking are available. You can bring your pets.
- Enjoy disc golfing at the 27-hole disc golf course, children can play in the children's play area.
- A basketball court, soccer field and a sand volleyball court is available. Enjoy picnicking with the family with outdoor grills.
- The hoover nature preserve and the boardwalk provide ample opportunities for wildlife watching.
- You can learn boating and sailing at the Buckeye boat club and Columbus sailing club.
- Rope course, archery and other recreational activities are offered in the Summer.
Hoover Dam Recreation Park Insider Tips