After years of trial and error tie dying and trying to get that perfect spiral design on our shirts, we finally got it right! This time we tried using a fork and were so pleasantly surprised that we thought we would share the process.
- White t shirt
- Fabric Dye
- Elastic Bands
- A fork
How to Do It
- Protect your work surface and your hands.
- Lay your t-shirt out flat on your work surface.
- Take a fork and firmly press it onto the center of the shirt.
- Twist the fork around and around so that the fabric twists along with it.
- Continue twisting until the entire t-shirt has been coiled.
- Next take your elastic bands and tie them around the twisted fabric round in a criss cross fashion. You will likely use 4 or 5 bands.
- Next apply your tye dye carefully to the t shirt ball. Cover it completely with your desired colored dyes.
- Allow the dye to set into the fabric overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Untie the elastic bands and place the t-shirt in the washer and dryer and enjoy your spiraled t-shirt!