Here are some other battery-saving tips from Digital Trends that apply to any smartphone, and that shouldn’t affect regular usage much:
- Turn down the volume and screen brightness.
- Find the setting to reduce the time it takes for your screen to dim and turn off after use.
- Disable sound effects for typing.
- Keep your apps updated, so you always have the most power-optimized version.
- Keep the phone out of direct sunlight.
- Use an app to monitor what’s draining your battery fastest or to quickly flip between settings. DT recommends JuiceDefender for Android, Battery Doctor for Apple, Battery for Windows phones, and Battery Lover for BlackBerry.