In 1843, Simon Huber, a German immigrant, brought his fruit growing and wine making experience to Borden, Indiana, a half hour drive from Louisville. Huber's Orchard, Winery and Vineyards was thus born.
Starting out with 80 acres, the farm now encompasses 600 acres and includes a Winery, Barn, Underground Wine Cellar, Distillery, Farm Market, Children's Farm Park, Cheese Shop, Ice Cream Factory, Bakery, Banquet Facility, and Gift Shop.
Things to Do
- Sample one of Huber's award-winning wines.
- Pick your own apples, blueberries, strawberries, peaches and pumpkins.
- Follow the delectable smell to the bakery, where you can purchase homemade breads, muffin loaves, pies, cookies and apple dumplings.
- Stop by the Starlight Distillery to see how the Vineyard's brandy and wines are produced.
- Spend time at the Family Fun Park, where the kids can take advantage of Mountain Slides, Pedal Carts, Mazes, a Grain Train and more.
- Top off your visit with a stop at the Ice Cream and/or Cheese Shop.
Huber's Orchard, Winery and Vineyards Insider Tips
- A Cafe exists onsite which offers appetizers, sandwiches, pizzas and salads.
- Additional play structures are being added to the Family Fun Park, including slides in the shapes of animals.