Believe the reviews when they tell you that this is one of the best playgrounds in New York. This large playground located at the Tribeca area of the Hudson River Park, with its state-of-the art design, is always present in all of the best NYC playgrounds lists released by different publications. The play area is divided into different sections that are suited for kids of varying ages. You'll find swings, sand boxes, water fountains and sprayers, plus climbing boulders and walls.
Things to Do
- Bring your kids and their friends for an afternoon of play. They can run around the playground, ride the spinning wheel, play at the slides, or climb structures.
- Make sure to bring extra set of clothes for the kids because it will be impossible for kids to ignore the water play area with dancing fountains and water buckets!
- It's a great park for babies and toddlers too. There's a separate swing set for them.
- Don't think that only the kids will have fun. Hudson River Park has other amenities for the entire family to enjoy. The park also features a mini-golf course, sand volleyball court, a skate park, snack bar, and a dock perfect for lounging.
Hudson River Park's Pier 25 Playground Insider Tips
- Play Area is open all year round. Water features are turned off during winter.
- Pier25 is a good spot to catch the sunset overlooking the Hudson River.