Up in Sierra Nevada, you will find the huge reservoir, Huntington Lake, lined with various campgrounds and accommodations. This is because Huntington Lake is a popular destination for those who wish to go on a vacation and enjoy their time with nature during the summer or winter seasons. Either book your own cabin or get a spot at any of the seven campsites in the area.
Things to Do
- Go here for your next summer family vacation. Rent a cabin or use any of the campgrounds. It's best to call ahead for reservations. There are lots of options for activities that you can do such as hiking, mountain biking, jet skiing, or kayaking. Check the schedule of the annual High Sierra Regatta so you can watch the race too. Taking a dip in the lake is always a good idea!
- Bring your fish hooks and cast them to catch tout or salmon. Note that fishing regulations apply.
- In the winter, you can watch the lake freeze and turn into a playground for snowmobilers. Visit China Peak Ski Resort, located nearby the lake, for some ski-induced adrenaline rush.
Huntington Lake Insider Tips
- Lots of places to see (such as falls and other lakes) and things to do within the vicinity of the Huntington Lake. Talk to campsite or resort owners to know more.
- When camping, use food storage boxes. Bears have been spotted in the area so remember to keep your food away.