Huntington State Beach is a popular recreation area in Huntington Beach, California, which is located just 35 miles from downtown Los Angeles. In addition to traditional beach activities like swimming, surfing, sunbathing, and fishing, the beach also has a multi-use trail, volleyball courts, and basketball courts. There are also fire rings available on the beach that you can use to make s'mores and keep warm on a chilly nights. If you love spending time outdoors in the summer, you'll definitely want to consider visiting this beautiful beach.
Things to Do
- Go swimming! Lifeguards are provided, but you should still be careful and stay near the shore since there are often strong currents.
- Enjoy the waves while surfing at the most popular beach in the city of Huntington Beach, also known as "Surf City" since it helped to popularize the sport.
- Use one of the fire rings to make a small bonfire for roasting marshmallows with your family.
- Go for a relaxing walk or bike ride along the beach trail.
Huntington State Beach Insider Tips
- As long as you have a valid California Fishing License, you can go surf fishing for species like perch, cabezon, and corbina.
- Bring along a bird guide and binoculars and go bird watching! Several rare bird species can often be seen at the beach, including snowy plovers, California brown pelicans, and California least terns.
- Be prepared to pay a daily vehicle rate of approximately $15 in order to park at the beach.