Create these cute ice cube boats and send them on an icy adventure of the imagination. Sometimes adding a twist to a classic favorite playtime toy is all that is needed to create hours of entertainment. For added interest, make extra ice cubes and stack them around the cookie sheet of ice so the that boats can maneuver around the icebergs.
- Scrap booking paper or card stock
- Hole Punch
- Ice cube trays
- Cookie sheet
How to Make and Play
- Fill an ice cube tray with water and place in the freezer for an hour and a half just before it is about to freeze.
- Cut four inch sections of straw and insert the straws into the center of each cube.
- Stick the tray back in the freezer
- Fill a cookie sheet with water and freeze it.
- When the ice is all frozen, take the trays out of the freezer.
- Cut a 4 inch square out of your paper and punch a hole in the center of the top end and the bottom end.
- Slide the straw through the holes weaving one way through one hole and the other way through the other hole to form a sail.
- Play with the boats by sliding them around the cookie sheet ocean. Add more cubes for pretend ice berg obstacles.