Formerly known as the Arizona Museum for Youth after a major renovation this facility was re-opened as IDEA Museum. IDEA encourages children and adults alike to engage the full wonders of their imagination through exhibits that delve into the incredible worlds of art, science and technology. 3 display areas and an outdoor zone challenge visitors to get creative.
Things to Do
- The Museum believes in the power of creative play and education to aid children's neurological growth and development. To aid this process they organize various programs and events targeted at children.
- Various art days and workshops take place at the Museum which often include activities for parents and caregivers to enjoy along with the kids. Music for Tots and Tiny Tots will entertain and excite toddlers between one and five years old. Story Time in Art Ville takes place Tuesdays through Saturdays at 11:00 am.
- At The Hub you will find eleven different spaces each providing their own opportunity to express your creativity. You can play games at the Tech Table, make new artworks from old materials at the Atrium or try your some problem solving at the Odyssey Café.
- Artville is a special area where children can practice and develop a variety of skills. At Art's Garden they can pretend to cook, clean and recycle while in Art's Living Room they can test their literacy or pre-literacy skills.
IDEA Museum Insider Tips
- If you like the work that the IDEA Museum do you can donate to them online.
- Check out their calendar to keep up to date with all their events, programs and exhibitions.