Are you interested in recreational fishing? Are your kids starting to be little anglers?
There's no better way to fuel their passion and interest than by visiting The International Game Fish Association Hall of Fame and Museum. You will find everything you need to know about fishing here. The museum has plenty of fish mount replicas, fishing sport equipment, memorabilia, and artifacts on display. The place also has a theater and a library.
Things to Do
- Play an interactive virtual reality fishing game with the kids and get to know how it feels like to reel in a big catch.
- Watch an introductory film about the fishing in the Journeys theater.
- Teach kids how to identify different types of fish and get to know more about famous individuals in the fishing sport through their various memorabilia.
- Go on the Wetlands Walk and watch outdoor alligators, iguanas, and turtles in action.
- Visit the E.K. Harry Library of Fishes, the largest fishing library in the world. Learn more about sport fishing history and get a glimpse of fishing enthusiasts' private collections.
IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame & Museum Insider Tips
- Visit their website and print their coupon for a dollar discount.
- IGFA offers fishing classes for kids and adults as well as volunteering programs. Check out their site for the schedule.
- Get your fishing equipment at the Bass Pro store and dine at the Islamorada Restaurant; both stores are located next to the museum.
- Parking is free.
- The museum offers special assistance services such as hearing-assisted systems, seating for the sight impaired, and wheelchairs.