Let your fingers and hands be part of the show with this wiggly eyed puppet craft. Use your creativity to build unique finger friendly puppets which are sure to keep children engaged long after craft time has ended. These little puppet renditions are so easy to make and can appeal to all ages. Create animals, use your school colors to make mascots, silly faced creatures, aliens and more. The possibilities are endless!
- 2- 1 1/2 inch styrofoam balls for older kids' hands and 1 inch for smaller hands
- Chenille Stemmed Pipe cleaner
- Glue Gun or tacky Glue
- Googly eyes
- Optional: Felt scraps, yarn, pom poms, lash curls, buttons and other suggested craft materials
- Scissors and toothpicks
How to make them
- You have the option of painting the styrofoam balls or leaving them as is.
- Cut the chenille stemmed pipe cleaners into 3 inch segments and bend them to fit underneath your middle finger in a simple U shape. The balls will sit above your middle finger on either side once attached.
- Cut the felt shapes that you would like to use. You may chose ears, shapes that will sit behind the googly eyes, etc. Use glue to adhere the felt to the dry styrofoam balls. Now you can also glue on any other features like lashes and pom poms etc.
- If using yarn for hair, you can dab glue on the ball and use a toothpick to push the yarn deeper into the foam. For antennae you can curl pipe cleaners and dab glue before inserting.