Take a short walk into the woods behind the Dublin Library and you'll find this hidden gem right in the heart of the city. The area of the Indian Run Falls served as home to the Wyandot tribe. The city government has transformed this place into a quiet escape from the city. It is a perfect destination for those who wish to spend time with nature; cooling down underneath the trees and hearing the flowing water and the chirping birds in the background.
Things to Do
- Bring the family and explore the Indian Run Falls. Follow the trails for an easy hike. The trails here are well-maintained and are surrounded with tall trees. Bring a camera because there are plenty of good spots to take great outdoor photos. It's also a good idea to bring lunch and eat at the picnic tables.
- Walk towards the gorge and go for a refreshing swim. If you wish to see an overlooking view of the falls, follow the path towards the observation decks.
- Visit during the spring to see the woods thicken with moss with the water from the falls flowing heavily into the stream. In the winter, the Indian Run Falls turn into an enchanting sight as the falls freeze, forming icicles over the stream of water.
- Take your dog for a walk and for a swim too!
Indian Run Falls Insider Tips
- Organize this trip along with a visit to the historic downtown Dublin. Go to Indian Run Falls then finish off by walking around the city.
- Bring water and keep hydrated.