Enjoy the experience of paddling along the Inner Harbor of Baltimore. You can rent boats in 30 minutes increments and choose from traditional paddle boats, small electric boats, or the infamous Chessie Monster Paddle boats which are modeled after the fanciful creature that has been fabled to lurk in the Chesapeake Bay.
This is a reasonably priced adventure which is relaxing, unique and gets you moving. The views from the paddle boats are spectacular and offer a much different perspective than your traditional walking tour of the Inner Harbor.
Things to Do:
- Sight seeing
- Feeding the ducks
- Get fresh air and exercise while enjoying the views of the Inner Harbor
- Take photographs
Inner Harbor Paddle Boating Insider Tips
- I've ridden traditional paddle boats, but when you have the opportunity, I'd recommend the Chessie Dragon themed boats any day of the week. The experience is well worth the extra couple of dollars.
- All passengers must be at least 2 years old and weigh at least 35 pounds.
- All passengers under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All passengers must wear life jackets on this adventure.
- After darkness sets in anyone under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bring along some stale bread or crackers so that you can leisurely feed the ducks that come up alongside the boats.
- Paddle boating gives a great camera perspective of the inner harbor, but secure your belongs so that they don't plummet to the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay.
- This activity can be a little crowded on the weekends, so I would recommend doing this one during the week or you will have to wait in line and the Bay is more crowded with other boats.