Inniswood Metro Gardens is a favorite of local photographers for outdoor shoots because it is well-maintained and picturesque. This garden is also a popular wedding venue as it provides a serene and beautiful landscape as a backdrop. You'll find rustic benches, creeks, a small waterfall, and beautiful blooms in the 121-acre garden. Admission is free.
Things to Do
- Kids will surely enjoy the place specially made for them, the Sisters' Garden. There's a small playhouse and a tree house featuring small gardens.
- Enjoy some quiet time as you walk along the paths adorned with different shrubs and flowers. Some of the blooms you'll find are daffodils, roses, conifers, and daylilies. The flowers are especially beautiful in spring and summer. If you're lucky, you may also spot butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Visit the Secret Garden and explore the Storyteller's Garden featuring stories etched on stone.
- Attend classes held at the Innis House and learn about plants and how to cultivate a garden. Visit their website for the schedule.
- Check the garden's schedule for their Plant Sale. You can purchase perennial plants and herbs.
- The best souvenir from Inniswood is to have your family portrait taken here. Many people choose this place as the location for special occasion photos and you'll surely know the reason why when you see the place.
Inniswood Metro Gardens Insider Tips
- There's no indoor area in the garden. Bring an umbrella or apply sunscreen.
- Food and pets are not allowed inside.