Newport's International Tennis Hall of Fame is a must-see for sports enthusiasts. Roam the museum's 18 galleries and take a self-guided, audio tour which provides facts about the collection, the history of Newport Casino, and accounts from tennis stars of yesteryear.
With a Grounds Pass, one may wander around the premises' six acres and admire the tidy estate which includes 13 grass courts, the Court Tennis Facility and the historic Newport Casino. Look for informative, oval signs along your walk.
Things to Do
- Pick up a fact sheet which will provide you with details and anecdotes about the museum, the history of tennis, and the Newport Casino.
- Participate in a scavenger hunt as an entertaining way of exploring the museum galleries and earn a prize for its completion.
- Visit the library and archives section of the museum, called the Information Research Center, and review any one of the thousands of books, newspapers, tournament programs, media guides, photographs and films.
- Stop by the gift shop to view books, clothing, and tennis memorabilia.
International Tennis Hall of Fame Insider Tips
- Galleries are subject to last minute closings and changes.
- If visiting during tournament week (July 5 - July 13), one will need a tournament ticket to enter.
- Discount of $2 for seniors, students, military and AAA members.
- Only small strollers are permitted throughout the museum, and visitors are asked to leave backpacks and large bags near the Admissions Desk.