International wildlife museum features natural history exhibits and wildlife theater, and hands-on exhibits for children. The museum is located in Tucson, Arizona and it was founded in 1988. Visitors can see and meet animals up close, the museum displays over 400 species of mammals, birds, and insects from around the globe. The museum offers interactive exhibits, animal dioramas, computers, and videos, enabling the visitors to understand the diversity of wildlife of the world.
Things to Do
- Families can take a self-guided tour of the museum, a safari field guide is available for kids in grades K-5. Visitors can also take a docent led tour of the museum. Children can see stuffed animals up close, and even touch them.
- The museum features many exhibits, current exhibits include "Sensory Safari", visitors can experience a variety of animal mounts by the sense of touch, and "penguins", an exhibit featuring the photos of various species of penguins of the Antarctica.
- Explore the museum's insect collection in Hyatt collection and Coleman collection.
- The wildlife theater shows animal movies, current movies are Growing up Penguin, Tasha the polar bear, Ice worlds, The Big freeze, Growing up Seal and Life in the freezer.
- Birthday parties are available for children 4-12, Safari birthday package includes a live animal presentation.
- Lots of fun special events are offered for the kids in the holiday season, activities include scavenger hunt, holiday crafts, animal encounters, movies, meeting with the Santa, games and prizes.
- The gift shop sells items including books, toys, as well as snacks.
International Wildlife museum Insider Tips
- Groups of 10 or more get discounts on tickets.
- Discounts on tickets for all on the first Tuesday each month.