Dubbed "The Fastest Short Track on the Planet", the Iowa Speedway is the place to go for a fun day out with the entire family. Even if not all family members are passionate about motorsports, the Iowa Speedway is still an excellent destination as it offers a wide range of other activities besides races.
The Iowa Speedway is a tri-oval race track paved with asphalt, with a total length of 7/8 miles. Have a look at the website of the racetrack to discover the next race weekend when planning your trip.
Things to Do
- Purchase race laps for adults so that the entire family can have fun watching mom or dad in a race car
- Opt for a video camera in the car so you can get a long-lasting memory of the time you spent in a race car
- Classes are available for those who do not have any experience with racetracks.
- You can hold various types of events at the Iowa Speedway, including family reunions, business parties, and even birthdays.
Iowa Speedway Insider Tips
- A souvenir stand is located in front of the Newton Club Concessions
- You can find the restrooms in the yellow building located behind the concessions stands
- There are three ticket booth locations at the Iowa Speedway, one in the south, one in the middle and one in the north of the racetrack.