Tucked in the heart of Dallas-Forth Worth, the Irving Arts Center is home to four galleries, two theatres and a verdant sculpture garden.
The center is the perfect choice for a day out with the entire family, as it offers a selection of activities for all ages. These include a main gallery with 200 linear feet of wall space exhibiting contemporary works of art and programs aimed at children.
The Irving Arts Center is open seven days a week and is located five minutes north of Highway 183. Parking is free for all visitors.
Things to Do
- Take part in the art projects made available by the staff of the museum for small children
- Encourage the kids to give hands-on art experiences a try
- Enroll the kids in the six-week Saturday School classes if they are interested in learning more about art techniques and enhance their skills
- Camps for teens ages 13 to 16 are also available and they include art, music, and performance programs
Irving Arts Center Insider Tips
- Do not miss the free weekday story about some of the main exhibits of the arts center
- Attend the performances at Carpenter stage, where the kids can also take in performances
- There is a live singing performance available at the top of every hour in a room with excellent acoustics.